Saturday 4 June 2011

Weddings

A co-worker's daughter is marrying her high school fella and since I was invited, I thought I would attend. They've been together for a long time (around 7 years) so I've heard how first she thought he was ok then they moved together away from town, then moved back, then got engaged and she was so excited.

On Tuesday I will have been married to the same guy for 25 years. I will have spent exactly half my life as a married person with this last name. We met, were friends for a few months then dated, got engaged right away and married a year later. Good things about being married for a so long:

  • a shared history so you can laugh at and with each other
  • having another viewpoint at hand
  • seeing change in yourself and your partner
I think this couple has learned a lot of this already. I hope they continue to have a happy life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment