Tuesday 21 July 2015

Do you enjoy unreliable narrators? How about open endings? It's summer and time for reading. I haven't had much time yet on this holiday but I have at least 2 new releases on my list. (Stross & Scalzi)

Do you enjoy unreliable narrators? How about open endings? It's summer and time for reading. I haven't had much time yet on this holiday but I have at least 2 new releases on my list. (Stross & Scalzi)
http://www.tor.com/2015/07/20/five-books-featuring-unreliable-narrators/

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely. I like my reading to be a bit of a mental dance and the world is always more intriguing when there's space for ambiguity. Although if it attempts to play with me and  I love a book that effectively plays with me and the unease that comes with doubting the narrative is definitely a good way to do that. does so sloppily, I tend to resent that book pretty harshly as if the author has personally insulted my intelligence. Haven't read most of these, but Turn of the Screw was pretty great. Pale Fire, by Nabokov is another good one.

    ReplyDelete