Wednesday 25 October 2017

Thanks Mom & Dad for making me where a uniform to school when no one else did.

Thanks Mom & Dad for making me where a uniform to school when no one else did.

I learned early to be oblivious to other people's opinions of my clothes.

Where did this idea that girls/women dress for men's viewing pleasure actually come from? I can see the part about women's fashions being defined by what men like to look at and affecting availability but the actual selection of clothes based on what some random one else might like to look at vs what I find appealing is totally alien. Has it ever been true (since the 60s) that women do that?

We do a check when we go out - would you be seen in public with me dressed like this. I thought it was about colour matches, underwear lines and clothing condition. I've been answering wrong!
https://www.themarysue.com/blanchett-instyle-speech/amp/

3 comments:

  1. Actually they are comfortable because of the stretch as long as they fit through the rise. Also, I only use cargo pockets for my phone. Who carries cash anymore😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cass, if you were the only person who dressed in it, then it was it really a uniform?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, just not for where I was...

    ReplyDelete