Tuesday 29 September 2015

Inequality for All: Watch it!

Inequality for All: Watch it!
There are some very interesting reveals in this documentary about income in America. One thing struck me: I left the US job market right around the time wages began to stall. My last salaried employment in the uSA was in 1979, I think. (<--That small u is a typo, but it looks better to me and reflects a certain reality.)
In 1981, while I was trying to arrange guitar lessons from Jimmy Raney in Paris, I was offered a job at a laser effects company. Starting over in a new country, my salary began modest, but I got a lot of raises over the next 8 years, was recruited to the mother company, and was making a decent living at my last salaried employment. When I saw what the company was billing customers for my hours, about three times my salary, I figured I could go out on my own and double my income, which I did.
The point is, I was unaware of the pattern of wealth and salaries in the uSA and this excellent film educated me in history. I recommend it highly.

Note: Should you wish to comment here, please watch the documentary first and comment on its content.

#tv  
h/t Jannik Lindquist 
https://youtu.be/pdV1Z_nD1sA

No comments:

Post a Comment