Sunday 6 December 2015

What did you think of the Dr Who season finale?


What did you think of the Dr Who season finale?

For me it tied the season together. All the shows were fine on their own but just were not as good until the theme was pulled together. It allowed closure and forestalls melancholy for the Christmas special. Usually the Xmas special is not close to the season finale.

I loved that Ashildr was not abandoned and the Clara and the Dr took a chance on who lost their memory. I really enjoyed Clara this season, her recklessness and independence were a breath of fresh air unmatched since Donna. I also liked that the white guy re-incarnated as a black woman; emphasizes it's a personality driven show.

I always thought the guitar and glasses were cool but not traditional Dr - I think playing on the stereotypical rock star image. Also, glasses let you see but are not fundamentally a tool for action. When you use a screwdriver you'll be changing something.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with most of the points you brought up.  I think that giving Ashildr and Clara a Tardis lends itself to too much trouble.  and the fact that the chameleon circut is stuck so that they are flying around in a diner is kind of silly.

    Now that fact that the Doctor has a new screwdriver is cool, and I like the look of it.  I feel the Doctor had to go through everything this past season to basically find himself again.  Find the reason he calls himself the Doctor.  Become a "healer" of sorts instead of a warrior, or hero, or a rocker.

    And the Doctor knew he was going to be the one to lose his memories.  It was just too painful for him to know that Clara was dead.  Rule 1: The Doctor always lies...he knew Clara did not reverse the polarity on the memory wipe module.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think giving Clara and Ashildr a tardis is a good way to wrap up their stories. They won't be expected to pop up.

    And you're right about the doctor knowing he has to loose his memory of Clara.

    ReplyDelete