Saturday 30 January 2016

Quick review of HERE Maps with the Gear S2 companion app

Quick review of HERE Maps with the Gear S2 companion app

Tizen doesn't support Google Maps so I got the HERE Maps Tizen app for navigation from my wrist and HERE Maps on my phone. The nicest part is from the start you download maps for a country or area and never have to worry about data. I downloaded for BC and Alberta but I can download more at any time.

It works pretty slick. You can start navigation from your wrist using S voice to determine where you want to go. Since I have the WiFi version of the Gear all sound is from my phone. The directions display on my wrist and the watch vibrates to indicate you are on the correct route. Worked great for getting around in the car - would be even better for exploring an area by foot.

HERE Maps doesn't have as detailed satellite views as Google Maps but works well for what I want.

2 comments:

  1. I like how the turn by turn voice works. Emphasis on the important parts; Google maps just sort of says it, while here is all "turn left in 200 feet".

    That's the phone part obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It show on the watch screen as well.

    ReplyDelete