Thursday 14 September 2017

I haven't found increased taxes affect my lifestyle.

I haven't found increased taxes affect my lifestyle.

I know, in general, affluent people can feel the pinch of trying to make their budget but they actually have options for reducing their expenses - unlike poor people. Purchase less expensive brands (or just less). I think the thing that irks people is they don't get to choose who is worthy of getting help.

I would rather subsidize people than companies. In my eyes, taxpayers subsidize companies whenever people are not paid a living wage for a 38 hour work week regardless of how it's chopped up.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tax-changes-inquality-1.4285436

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, this latest round of rhetoric (etc) coming from the federal government is a little ... well, it has my attention. I'm not sure I trust them to make changes fairly. It's a very fine line, and everyone has an opinion about where it needs to be drawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy a lower priced caviar just so the unwashed masses can have health care and schools? Oh how ghastly! The indignity of it all!🤦‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I trust these guys more than TCP and either more than a US party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our two U.S. parties are the Quick Death From PAC Money Party and the Slow Death From PAC Money Party. :(

    ReplyDelete