Sunday 17 September 2017

What facial feature makes South Asians ask if I'm part Indian?

What facial feature makes South Asians ask if I'm part Indian?

First time in a long time I was asked if I was (East) Indian - yay my community is becoming more diverse! The woman who asked really backpedaled when I said "Pardon" then asked, quietly, if I was Pakistani. It must be pretty subtle. Women from Pakistan have asked me in the past. Men, I think, see it but don't say anything. Since I haven't had longer hair since I was a teen, that shouldn't be the give away.

I'm just curious.

7 comments:

  1. Are you? I can't really tell at all :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you're talking about; it's a bit hard to explain but it's about the shape of your nose and the upward slant of your cheeks and eyebrows. Maybe the shape of the face fits into this, as mentioned by Yvi San.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Yvi San​ basically everything LOL.

    Charles Gaines​ most people don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get that a lot. People in Kentucky of Highland Scottish descent are always asking me if I'm Baden-Wurtemburg Deutsch and Baden-Wurtemburg Deutsch descended Kentuckians are constantly remarking that I look Highland Scottish. We Anglo-Saxons in the middle of the U.S. get that all the time. Not actually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Class, you seem like an interesting and intelligent person on social media.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol Brian Arbenz​ about Scottish. My husband disagrees my face looks Indian but he hasn't seen me in that context before so he sees me as me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your profile pic could be about any origin.

    ReplyDelete