Sunday 31 December 2017

Paper is for handing to the recipient.

Paper is for handing to the recipient.

Last time we bought a vehicle, I wrote a cheque at the dealership. We self financed. It never occurred to me to get a bank draft (or even a certified cheque apparently). Mostly I email money. When we got Duffy I direct deposited into the breeder's account and Duffy caught a flight to Calgary. One big ripoff to me is when we do an EFT to the Cook Islands. We pay a fee to send that's not too bad I guess and they pay a fee to receive. It's apparently cheaper than taking a credit card.

I only accept cheques because I can do mobile banking and take a picture.
http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4457823

3 comments:

  1. A few years ago I bought a car with a bank draft (here in the UK), but it took several days for my bank to arrange it. At least it didn't cost anything to organise.

    I bought my current car with a debit card. The dealer didn't charge a fee (as I expected), but they'd have charged extra if I'd used a credit card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's surprisingly difficult to e-transfer money internationally without going through a bank in Canada. Mind, our bank regulation is different too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That BS about the transfer of funds with a cheque has always annoyed me ..
    send a cheque.. the funds are gone from the paying account that night... but here, they don't rock up into the account they are deposited to for up to 5 days.. oh, but for a fee, the bank will do a rush payment and put it through within 3 days..

    There used to be a bank advert here with the question "which bank?"
    Most Australians used to just answer "doesn't matter, they're all arseholes"

    ReplyDelete