Wednesday 16 May 2018

EIA/YEG post welcome signs with harness identification in all restaurants so servers can see to ensure respectful service

EIA/YEG post welcome signs with harness identification in all restaurants so servers can see to ensure respectful service

Simple fix to ensure all workers are aware of important rules. Plus, what with humiliated in quote marks and why are people taking to blind people without identifying themselves?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/passenger-humiliated-after-guide-dog-barred-from-edmonton-airport-restaurant-1.4662834

5 comments:

  1. No excuse for that level of ignorance...period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bit odd.. I thought everyone knew what a guide dog was by now..and why they were a guide dog..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree but since this is recurring I've suggested a simple solution. I know workers can really have trouble with exceptions to rules.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another thing in this that struck me as being a bit odd..
    "I said, 'Can't you see that this is a certified service dog and that it's a guide dog and I'm blind?' and then the second officer said, 'Oh I didn't see that,' " Bobawsky said.

    How the hell wouldn't a Police Officer be able to observe that the dog is in a harness and the person is blind..

    ReplyDelete
  5. He should take them to the human rights tribunal.

    ReplyDelete