Thursday 10 May 2018

Mother wrestled 8 y.o. child to ground during tantrum.

Mother wrestled 8 y.o. child to ground during tantrum.

Boy kicked at her contacting ankles and lower leg. Parent did no hitting, slapping, punching or retaliatory kicking. " the law of assault does not make an exception requiring parents to tolerate assaults by children," Hewson's ruling reads. seems reasonable.

I won't ask why an 8 year old is still having tantrums-after all. Probably a change in levels of indulgence by parent(s). Adults form of tantrums is unceasing verbal complaints about not getting their way.



https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4655459

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad neither of my kids were like that little shit..
    ha, so glad their kids aren't like it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of parents feel helpless against child violence when they can't resort to spanking. This is a good ruling that demonstrates what actions parents can take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. then again Cass Morrison there are several neurological and psychological conditions where such behaviors can be quite common.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the right way to treat a spoiled little shit ... Hopefully I'll never have to deal with that. My Little guy is so good so far at 10 months...
    (Not counting them chickens yet, I know)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larry Lyons In which case it's even more important to have tools for dealing with that kind of violence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cass Morrison Perhaps, but you don't know how difficult. For instance a young kid with autism having meltdowns in public looks very much like that. However no matter how much the parents prepare, it could always happen. My point being is that even though the kids behavior is nasty, until I know more I won't blame parents.

    autismspeaks.org - Parents of Child with Autism Seek Help Handling Public Meltdowns

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes came across as more judgemental than I meant to and it's based solely on this case. As a non parent it is not my place to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cass Morrison As someone who has worked with emotionally disturbed and with autistic kids, I've had to deal with it far too often. So I try not to judge before getting more information.

    ReplyDelete