Wednesday 9 May 2018

Seems like a way not to be successful in finding a long term relationship if that's what you want

Seems like a way not to be successful in finding a long term relationship if that's what you want

Has the idea that you get out what you put in gotten lost somewhere? If you're "too busy" to do the emotional work then why would you expect emotional success. Just put DTF in your profile and have done with it.

Quote from founder “We’ve discovered that a surprisingly large portion of the online dating process can be systematized into what is essentially clerical work,” read one line in my training manual. “Really, when you think about it, you’re writing sales copy.”

Also no intention of ever entering dating pool again.

https://qz.com/1247382/online-dating-is-so-awful-that-people-are-paying-virtual-dating-assistants-to-impersonate-them/

5 comments:

  1. Oh, and with Google's AI bots passing the Turing test now, it need not be people either...

    A friend of mine got suckered into one of these a while back. Only realized very late that it was a scam... this is going to wreak havoc with people's mental health...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just one more assault on the way people seek relationships. I'm not even sure who to actually blame here ... Users for their questionable strategy? Developers for their shady practices? Advertisers for everything they do?

    I'm so glad I'm not in the dating pool, and that I learned how to interact with people face-to-face. Even when I was a kid though, my peers struggled with approaching the people they we're interested in. I can only imagine how crippling it is to be encouraged to hide behind a keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, it was a battleground. I eventually found my love via a friend of a friend. It also happened at a time when I finally had more confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, some people marry spouse impersonators. My mother married such a person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I set up a guy from work with a friend by telling him where we would be (a dog agility trial) so if he wanted to come by I would introduce them. I asked her first if she was interested in meeting someone new. He came by and I introduced them. It takes time and effort but doesn't everything that's worth doing?

    ReplyDelete