Saturday 11 August 2018

Temperature as a contraceptive? Nope. Anxiety about measuring wrapped up in an app. Talk about killing any mood.

Temperature as a contraceptive? Nope. Anxiety about measuring wrapped up in an app. Talk about killing any mood.

I would have been the perfect candidate. Stable relatonship, stable cycle - except for devestated if contraception failed. Jeez, this has all the trapping of naturopathy - well it is natural - with the justifications for not doing actual medical trials to assess effectiveness. I would imagine the rate of failure would be much higher simply for the reason stated in the link - the feeling of being naive. Unfortunately, the cost for naivety is an unwanted pregnancy .

BTW I did do the temperature tracking thing back in the day before apps. Bedside thermometer and graph paper. I could barely sleep because I was so concerned about accurate tepmeratures. Not great for me or the people who ad to deal with crabby me.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jul/21/colossally-naive-backlash-birth-control-app

1 comment:

  1. Isn’t any iPad a birth control device? I mean couples check them as they lie down in bed “just for a second,” then two hours later they’re still using them!

    ReplyDelete