Tuesday 9 October 2018

The cocktail party comes to an end now that sponsor has failured to find a monetization scheme.

The cocktail party comes to an end now that sponsor has failured to find a monetization scheme.

I've really enjoyed Plus and will continue to post. What I like about Plus is I don't have to boil myself down to one core interest or rely on friends/family for content. I've really enjoyed the range of topics users have rough to the table and the ability to reply/comment - but really just mostly read.

I'm on twitter - @cass_m - that feed is an echo of my GPlus so I'm not sure how active that will be.
I'm on Vero under my name - I don't know many people there and it's all phone based mobile so I'm not that active. The app is nice though and it echoes to twitter.
I'm on diaspora* - cass_m@plusphora.com. From what I understand it's a pod hosted by a couple of people. The test will be how well community guidelines are maintained. While I value opposing opinions, I want actually thoughts, not parroting of talking points. I curate my feed here because I do.
I'm on mastodon thanks to Randy Resnick but I find it confusing and didn't get a good app.

My social feed does rely on ease of posting from my phone, tablet (gasp!) and Win 10 (this is not a debate about desktop OS).

Hope to see you around.
https://www.engadget.com/2018/10/08/google-shutting-down-google-plus/

No comments:

Post a Comment