Thursday 24 October 2019

Retirement project - with magnets!

I have a phone wallet I love that uses magnets to stabilize a case with the wallet. It has annoyed me no end that my magnetic Spigen ring won't stick and it seemed like more than a positioning issue. I suspected fun with magnetic polarity but didn't have time to figure out a work around. Now I do!

The first thing I did (after destroying the case) was verify my Spigen ring is magnetic. It is regardless of the polarity of the magnet. The wallet, on the other hand, seems to only work with the magnets in the included case so the problem must be materials base. No problem - destroy the case...

The plan is to get another case that's more opaque. I want to put a card sleeve on it with my Style Ring 360 on the sleeve. I'll attach the magnets to the sleeve on the edges probably by putting one inside and the others outside. I'll build it up so it's flat.

Why all this messing around with phone cases? I like being able to go with just my phone and DL. After smashing my S8, I realize the Ring 360 helps me keep my phone with me. I can attach a carabiner or lanyard for security when doing stuff like kayaking or doing things where I don't want to haul a bag. I won't be carrying credit cards and I haven't used the magnetic strip at a point of sale terminal for years.

Wish me luck😁 I'll post an update picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment