Monday 11 November 2019

Galaxy Active2 Review with Accessories

While I got the 42 mm Galaxy Watch when it came out, I found it a bit heavy and the rose gold finish to be little restricting when changing out bands. When the Active2 came out and it had a speaker I decided to give the 40mm option a try. It's lighter and smaller which is a bonus for smaller wrists like mine. While it has a smaller battery, it recharges quickly. I usually top up the charge while eating breakfast.

The Active2 does all the same things as the Watch - bezel for moving through screens, phone answering, activity tracking, Samsung Pay, room to store music and pictures and quick connection to earbuds. The ECG feature will be adding later (not a factor for me). I didn't accessorize my Watch because the bezel acted as a physical protector for the screen. I had used aftermarket bands but the watch was so heavy the bands (I got) felt flimsy.

With the lack of a physical bezel and the shape of the face, scuffing was inevitable. I got a package of screen protectors - something I've never used on my watch before. They fit very well and hide an existing scuff on one of the edges of the screen. It is self-healing and took a couple days to work out a bit of a crease I added during installation🙄 It's a package of 6 - I've used 2; 1 to practice and one to leave on. There's a good installation video but I didn't realize the backing was in strips. Anyway, very clear and touch-sensitive so I'm pleased with the product.

The second accessory is the Rinke Bezel. It's a stainless steel ring that protects the edge of the watch face. I was hesitant because it's half the weight of the Active2 but I've purchased Rinke accessories before and they are good quality. Surprisingly the extra weight is unnoticeable. It fit securely and has well-fitted cutouts for the buttons. It doesn't prevent the digital bezel from being used; the only negative is the inside edge (against the screen) is a little sharp feeling. I would definitely consider getting a rose-gold one to make a coordinated look for the bezel, watch face and band.

Overall, I'm super happy with the Active 2. It's a great tracker, I like Samsung Health and it looks stylish while providing the tools on my wrist that I want.



No comments:

Post a Comment