Wednesday 12 May 2021

New tech in the house one first impressions

 

When Samsung did their event that asked by computer's can't be more like phones I was hooked.\I have a Surface Go I had been unhappy with the screen because it really sucks outside...and in the end, it is a little small. Although I'm very happy with my Samsung phone, I had a Samsung all-in-one that was horribly laggy and full of things I didn't want.  Still, that AMOLED screen...but that multilingual keyboard...what the heck I'll get the high-end processor and see how it goes. I ended up with the 13" 360.

Oh, it's light and the screen has the inky blacks you expect. It's bright enough that I turned down the brightness as it gave me a headache. Just like changing a phone, it's never seamless to change over computers although it's a lot easier than it used to be. Smart Switch didn't work but everything was backed up to OneDrive so all I really had to do was download a few things from the MS store. Not bad. moving my phone over to the Your Phone app was a little crunchy.

Things that were mentioned in the initial reviews were the keyboard and camera. I find the keyboard comfortable enough - I have more problems with the multilingual keys (that left shift key!) than the key travel and I keep hitting the fingerprint scanner instead of the delete key🤷‍♀️ Trackpad is large but I still am not a fan of them and speaking of fans, there is a fan and it can be loud. The webcam is another talking point. Not sure if I notice the quality because I'm looking at it on a bigger screen but if I"m that concerned I can always use my phone. What I found interesting was the beauty filters included whitening for the skin tones turned on as part of the preset for lovely, beautiful, and default.  

The 360 is a touch screen and comes with a pen. The pen is really comfortable to use - better than the surface pen and the touch screen is sensitive enough. When I fold it to tablet mode and hold it portrait it feels strange but not horrible. All in all, I'm happy.

Oh yes, the other tech is a 3D printer. Fred's taken up a new hobby and in assembly mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment