Monday 15 February 2016

It's super easy to get fixated on steps. For instance I am at under 600 at 10 am on a day off and just heard the phrase "gotta put some steps on the counter" float up from the basement. I won't be taking off my Gear S2 because it's more than just a pedometer, but I'm changing the watch face away from constantly displaying my steps. I will also actually do something when nudged for activity.

It's super easy to get fixated on steps. For instance I am at under 600 at 10 am on a day off and just heard the phrase "gotta put some steps on the counter" float up from the basement. I won't be taking off my Gear S2 because it's more than just a pedometer, but I'm changing the watch face away from constantly displaying my steps. I will also actually do something when nudged for activity.

I know Martin Guay doesn't bother with fitness tracking at all but what about those of you who do? Do you get hooked on the numbers and rewards?
http://www.refinery29.com/fitness-tracker-obsession?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=rss

5 comments:

  1. My fitness tracking has been lax this winter and I'm growing the "dadbod" to prove it.... I need to get back to tracking cause, as Ian Anderson sings... I don't wanna be a faaaat maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

    https://youtu.be/wVbDKB1TtEQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google Fit on my phone and phone in my pocket. It's just a number. If I meet or beat my goal (12k).... Yay. If not, *shrug* it's a number, not for fitness but more for distance.

    If it was more important, I'd worry about it on weekends or days off...and I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I do resume tracking, I won't much be counting calories or caring about step count. I'll be tracking heart rate.... How often I get it into that "optimal zone" (To be determined with the help of an actual doctor) per week.... And I'll let how my clothes fit me, and how I look in the full length mirror determine success rate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just going to comment that putting more steps on seems to be code for playing on the PS3 LOL

    H'es bouncing on a ball, I'm going to walk at an indoor track and listen to a podcast.

    ReplyDelete