Sunday 3 July 2016

We were in a seat belt check a few weeks ago. Good to see random monitoring.

We were in a seat belt check a few weeks ago. Good to see random monitoring.

I learned to drive (in 1977) with Young Drivers of Canada. The defensive driving course emphasized awareness and safety form of wearing seat belts. Seat belts as a safety feature was was locked in when two guys I knew from high school were in an incident. The driver was trying to scare the passenger by driving fast on dark wet roads. Mission accomplished, the passenger put on their seat belt. Car hit a tree. The only injury to the passenger was the psychological scars of finding their friend dead from being ejected.

If I am in a vehicular accident, I want to survive in the best possible condition or not survive at all. I suppose I could choose not at all and forgo all protective actions but I have people who would saddened by the loss. I hope you do to.
http://www.consumerreports.org/car-safety/5-dangerous-seat-belt-lies-people-tell-themselves/

No comments:

Post a Comment