Sunday 20 November 2016

Killjoys and Dark Matter in the summer and Five-0 in the winter.

Killjoys and Dark Matter in the summer and Five-0 in the winter.

Growing up I watched the original Hawaii 5-0 with my parents. I didn't start watching the reboot until a guy at work told me he enjoyed it. Not sure if he's still watching.

I find character development on Five-0 really interesting. One show McGarrett and Danno had an argument about 2nd amendment rights with both sides well stated. Everyone is emotionally supportive of each other. Even when they have a bad guy in that room it's more of a psychological play than rubber hose violence.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-friday-nov-18-2016/

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE Dark Matter. Can't wait for June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've watched most of the episodes of H5O and have actually enjoyed the majority. However, some of them are a little bit maudlin AND some of the stories are TOO centered on romantic situations....NOT that I don't like romance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the chemistry between the two main characters. I stopped watching it because they started to look too superhuman to me. Just 2 guys with semi-automatics take down half a dozen guys with full autos. Just didn't have that suspension of disbelief.

    I do recall watching the original, but was too young to really understand what was going on. I did catch the reruns some time ago and enjoyed it somewhat. Did feel really dated to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They've been much more vulnerable the past couple seasons. I used to laugh that the bad guys shot amazingly poorly so I get where you're coming from with the superhuman vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bad guys all went to the "EMPIRE SCHOOL OF MARKSMANSHIP!"

    ReplyDelete