Wednesday 21 December 2016

So...optimists aren't oblivious jerks. NSS.

So...optimists aren't oblivious jerks. NSS.

I do consider myself an optimist and I have a very active imagination about the worse that can happen. Since many of these things are out of my control I focus on mentally preparing myself for things I can reasonably respond to.

The original research is behind a paywall unfortunately. I would have liked to know a little more about the groups examined.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jopy.12289/pdf

http://www.refinery29.com/2016/12/133696/study-finds-optimists-expect-worst

3 comments:

  1. I see I define two kinds of optimism. Like, genuine it'll be alright because we're together and I believe in good and the world is generally great Optimism and what I can 'Demonstrative Optimism'. Demonstrative optimism is performance. It is people who loudly and repeatedly enforce Smiles or Else and brow beat anyone not as cheery as them! I don't fault my friends for being happy. But I will not put up with being vilifies for not shitting rainbows for someone /else's/ comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of optimism as more internal and indomitable. It doesn't matter how much they irritate people by seeing the bright side of things, that's how they see things. People require others fake optimism aren't optimists but authoritative assholes..

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Yoga is associated with the primary obtainment of complete spiritual unification connecting mind, body and soul with comprehensive yoga session for the complete wellness program that uplifts mental and emotional balance releasing innate source of profound energy." "Chandra Yoga International" create an event on "International yoga day 21st June 2017." facebook.com - International Yoga Day With Chandra Yoga International

    ReplyDelete