Saturday 11 February 2017

Best thing I've read today. I watched these guys on reruns when I was a kid and loved them to bits, but never realized their political commentary until I read this article. Fascinating!

Best thing I've read today. I watched these guys on reruns when I was a kid and loved them to bits, but never realized their political commentary until I read this article. Fascinating!
http://www.npr.org/2017/02/10/514104444/50-years-later-the-biting-satire-of-the-smothers-brothers-still-resonates

2 comments:

  1. I never saw their original series. They came back on the air in the 80's. I loved that show, but it was short lived. I don't recall much politics in the second series, but I was likely too young to understand politics enough to pick up on those types of jokes. They did show clips of the old series and I do recall the clip predicting that Regan would become president.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always watched this courageous and brilliant show!

    ReplyDelete