Thursday 13 April 2017

Thanks Survivor for making us have a discussion about transgenders in the middle of the a super manipulative edited 'reality' show. I don't watch but Fred is a big fan. While wandering a bit in the discussion Zeke was always referred to as a male and a shrugged it "issue". Zeke is who he is. Fred also felt they should have kept the same ritual rather than just make a decision because that's the way the game is played.

Thanks Survivor for making us have a discussion about transgenders in the middle of the a super manipulative edited 'reality' show. I don't watch but Fred is a big fan. While wandering a bit in the discussion Zeke was always referred to as a male and a shrugged it "issue". Zeke is who he is. Fred also felt they should have kept the same ritual rather than just make a decision because that's the way the game is played.

That wording though, fundamental deception, used by group often villianized. I hope that haunts Varner.
http://www.refinery29.com/amp/2017/04/149830/zeke-smith-survivor-transgender

5 comments:

  1. I love the show and I've seen every episode of every season - however - I do not believe that Jeff's reaction plus not even voting was enough on CBS' part to offset the obvious ratings grab it got by choosing to air that part... The show is heavily edited and it could have easily been removed... I say #ShameOnCBS for not even asking Zeke to approve the edit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyger Jones - CBS had Zeke's blessing to air it. I don't normally watch the show, but I was in the room while my wife was watching it. I said at the time they wouldn't air that without his approval. An outing like that is pretty major - because these people have to go home after it airs. Varner is the one who's going to have a real bad time after last night. I'm not surprised by the reactions of the cast at all. Although Varner, at that point, should have just walked his torch up to Jeff and said I don't deserve to stay here after that.

    Will be interesting to see what happens with Zeke when the show is over and he's back in the US ... I'm sure there are many groups who will want to turn him into some kind of public face for LGBT2Q+ folks. (That acronym is getting way too long these days though ... lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris Pollard
    I wasn't aware they did.. Thank you.. I read both of Varner's and Zeke's verified Twitter feeds this morning and from only that - it appears that they did not... I hope I am very wrong and just misunderstood something along the way.

    I did agree with the majority of the responses on Varner's feed after his written apology and Zeke's acceptance, that the issue should be a learning experience but adding more hate would accomplish nothing and further degrade the issue.. He apologized in writing on a global platform - Zeke accepted - let's learn, love and move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, my wife was reading something about it to me over breakfast, saying Zeke approved it. Otherwise, sensationalist or not, if like to believe they'd have edited it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fred is the watcher, not me. Once that happened he skimmed the rest of the show because he felt the drama was overdone. I was wondering how Fred would react to the transgender reveal and I was happy it was just no big deal.

    ReplyDelete