Friday 5 May 2017

A minority voice that grounds me.

A minority voice that grounds me.

I see their point. Targets of systemic discrimination will always be doing the heavy emotional lifting because what is seen cannot be unseen and it colours your response to situations. I thought of it as bigots learning to temper their public face because you never know whose feelings you may affect. Once you exercise some self restraint, you can actually learn about similar people are be more accepting of different people. But really - that depends on them being self aware enough to care about others.

While it may seen like I think minority is an ideology; the only people I hope to change by pointing out shitty behaviour is the person doing it.


http://freethoughtblogs.com/atg/2017/05/05/signal-boosting-about-that-heineken-ad/

2 comments:

  1. This was exactly the problem I had with this ad. I encountered it through a feminist website that was praising Heineken for getting it "right" where Pepsi had failed when it is exactly the same type of milquetoast, palatable, feel-good corporate nonsense! I can't imagine how it must have felt to be in that scenario and have something like that sprung on you. Truly a disgusting ad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Yoga is associated with the primary obtainment of complete spiritual unification connecting mind, body and soul with comprehensive yoga session for the complete wellness program that uplifts mental and emotional balance releasing innate source of profound energy." "Chandra Yoga International" create an event on "International yoga day 21st June 2017." facebook.com - International Yoga Day With Chandra Yoga International

    ReplyDelete