Wednesday 31 May 2017

Pro-tip, carry a purple pen for signing legal documents. And use the tools for review.

Pro-tip, carry a purple pen for signing legal documents. And use the tools for review.

As someone in compliance I can identify some root causes for this behaviour and much of it comes down to dispersed responsibilities and poor supervision. In one portion someone claims they are shown how to falsify information. The description of those actions sound familiar. It's part of what I train is unacceptable on a legal document. Is it a lack of clear understanding or poor supervision and discipline? Is that poor supervision because of over work or not liking that element of the job so they just don't do it?

I supply blue pens for documentation and can identify who writes in black ink. All our documents are printed in black. There is no white out. I monitor and give feedback at least monthly. When I was a worker I wrote down the correct information and forced higher ups to falsify any data (if it was happening at all which I doubt).

Were these workers getting the wrong message from training or are the companies hiding behind ethics statements. I found, from working for a multinational that upper management does actually believe what they are saying and act to reflect that and the on the ground workers want to follow the rules, for the most part. Middle management deals with the stress of change, the time it gets for resources to be put in place and unsuitable management skill.
http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4138212

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this link, Cass -- or whatever your REAL name is! 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - thanks for making me laugh...as I disappear in a puff of smoke;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morrisons tend to do that, in my family's experience at least.

    ReplyDelete