Saturday 20 May 2017

This pretty well mirrors my experience as I moved through the world of science and social interactions.

This pretty well mirrors my experience as I moved through the world of science and social interactions.

I too take the time to be circumspect in my presentation. And the only feminine traits I really express is eyeshadow (I have short hair). Most of the women engineers have long hair. The intern has short hair and multiple ear piercings and funkier glasses. Women in production labour pool also tend to long hair or makeup along with their poor fitting uniforms.

The cool thing about social media is it's would be easy for guys to experience the highest level a of female privilege just by changing their avatar to a slim white woman. I am pretty filter less tactless, but maybe only for a woman.

As Steve, I stopped getting pushback, and my confidence grew. I gradually realized that even if I made a mistake, I’d be given the benefit of the doubt. I didn’t need as much precision and no longer had to worry about how my tweets would be received, which saved me time and emotional energy. I no longer second-guessed myself, and started tweeting less cautiously

All science starts from an anecdote. The challenge of determining how wide spread the occurrence is the science part. Perhaps investigation would find social media should flip avatars around randomly to build more empathic communities.

https://www.vox.com/first-person/2017/5/4/15536932/women-stem-science-feminism

7 comments:

  1. Oh, and I don't need to, I choose to so I can do the stuff I like. I have a big batch of small talk to use as a shield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am pretty filter less" could mean "I am pretty without any filter" or "I have pretty much no filter".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ambiguous statements are at the heart of getting along LOL. I meant, I don't self-filter that much. I've changed the word. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually accepting ambiguous statement is at the heart of getting along, but as a mathematician I'm defective in that respect. Thanks for clarifying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Yoga is associated with the primary obtainment of complete spiritual unification connecting mind, body and soul with comprehensive yoga session for the complete wellness program that uplifts mental and emotional balance releasing innate source of profound energy." "Chandra Yoga International" create an event on "International yoga day 21st June 2017." facebook.com - International Yoga Day With Chandra Yoga International

    ReplyDelete