Friday 13 July 2018

Last day of work.



Last day of work.

A hard choice because I enjoy the people I work with and am leaving them short handed. Unfortunately the reason for that is integral to why I'm not sad. It's been hard working for a company that doesn't recognize Canada is a different country but Mexico is, the Caribbean is, South America is etc. We have mat leave and space must be held for a year with no wage or benefits. Headcount demands the position, Safety, is abandoned rather that filled with by a US colleague for a year.

Oh well no longer my water to carry.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the real world.

    Canada is a different place, three places it seems to me. It's so fecking enormous, like the USA, Canada's ethos cannot be summed up in one portrait. The East: Quebec and the Maritimes, Ontario and the Prairie provinces, BC, they're such different places. I think I'll be spending more time up there amongst you. I was never really at home here in the USA.

    And you're right, it isn't your water to carry. You did as well as you could have done and the enterprise must stagger along without you. Working for corporations embittered and enraged me, so I went into consulting. I was much happier thereafter. I won't give it up, not yet. I still feel I'm doing good work. If you ever get the itch to do a bit more, earn a little more, you might hang out your shingle and do some safety consulting. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’ve done your part, Cass. Now enjoy some freedom.

    ReplyDelete