Thursday 19 July 2018

Why would anyone send a bank draft by FedEx? To another country? Naive?

Why would anyone send a bank draft by FedEx? To another country? Naive?

Naive as in they haven't read the declaration on every transit document about not bringing more than $10K into a country and not realizing that money is taxable in the US even though it's not taxable in Canada.

I am an executor for a will. I fully expect to use a lawyer to ensure everything is properly dispersed and documented. If I were sending money on country it would be by e-interact. Outside country wire transfer. Wire transfers are expensive but definitely the way to go when moving money around. There is some traceability to them unlike bank drafts, which I think expire like cheques`.

That said, if I were the TD Bank I would have a representative on hand for the destruction of the bank drafts then either complete the transfer by wire or hand back cash.
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4749780

No comments:

Post a Comment