Monday 27 August 2018

Pre-ordered the Galaxy Watch; it's what I've been waiting for. Speaker, smaller form factor and lighter colour.


Pre-ordered the Galaxy Watch; it's what I've been waiting for. Speaker, smaller form factor and lighter colour.

I do have the Galaxy Sport that I'll be selling. I've have the Gear S2 Classic. Love the form factor but was disappointed that it didn't have a speaker like the Gear S. Passed on the S3 because it was clearly pandering to people with way bigger body structure than me. Since I wanted something with GPS I did get the Gear Sport. I've liked it ok but not a big fan of the squirkle shape or the colour. Finally the device I'm looking for on first release! And I was eying the dual charger so I'm pretty pumped about getting that. I'll probably even keep the silicone band and many order the browner one from Samsung if it gets worn.

Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Looks pretty nice! I have one of those Mykronos Zetime hybrid smartwatches, and I love it. I do wish it had a few more features, and it does have the odd quirk. It's biggest claim to fame is the physical hands that can run for a month if you forget to charge the watch. Obviously I use it for keeping time more than anything, lol. Still, I could see myself passing it on to my son and getting a solid Android offering with enough of the right features.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is tizen but it has the features I want. Really I use them for health - heart rate, sleep monitor, activity - with some messaging notification. The original Gear S had a speaker and had a decent assistant. I was disappointed when the S2 went backwards. I'm hoping with the speaker on this one that Bixby will be more accessible. One cool thing is since it can hook up on wifi, I can get messages on my watch at the gym when my phone is at home because we're on Shaw. OTOH, I wear long sleeves for much of the year so I do pull out my phone at the store often. I have used it for navigation when renting a car and playing music when on a walk. I'm not that attached to my phone when I'm at home probably because most of the time I go out to work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cass Morrison aha, yeah we're definitely two different use cases - I use mine for the sleep monitor parts too, but not for assistant or messaging. The Zetime gets notifications (I've turned most off, just direct messages, calendar, and alarms come through now), but it doesn't have a microphone or speaker. The app on my phone collects the health data, but it has some quirks (not really bugs) that are ill-suited to shiftwork, such as either detecting sleep when I am not moving (like working at the panel), or not detecting sleep if I haven't pre-set when my sleep time should be.

    Anyhoo, having the physical hands is pretty much required for me still, but I am watching the segment closely!

    ReplyDelete