Sunday 30 September 2018

A new deal😮 I can't wait to hear how the US dairy quota and subsidy system is changing to allow more Canadian products. Oh I have that backwards...

A new deal😮 I can't wait to hear how the US dairy quota and subsidy system is changing to allow more Canadian products. Oh I have that backwards...

The most important part is probably that the US comes first in the name. And will likely still be an attempt to tariff auto parts. It seems either Ontario keeps cars or Ontario and Quebec keep dairy. Tough call.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/nafta-finale-sunday-deadline-trump-1.4844623

4 comments:

  1. I still wanna tell them to go fly a kite, but that's the childish part of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vehemently opposed NAFTA in 1993, and vehemently oppose any new version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No good can come of this. Of course, the same was said of NAFTA. Guess I have a case of "devil you know syndrome" now. Now to find out what we lost in the 'deal'. You know we won't have any wins in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a compromise which is realistic. I think it's important to remember the US has no compunction about interfering in other country's politics and it's good to have trade structures in place.

    ReplyDelete