Monday 22 October 2018

Adding stress by messing with personal circadian rhythm to avoid daytime stress seems like avoiding a time management problem.

Adding stress by messing with personal circadian rhythm to avoid daytime stress seems like avoiding a time management problem.

Fred had a dentist appointment today. After decades of getting up at 5:30 we now have no schedule and start the day around 7 with let dogs out and feed them then groom and train Bennie before breakfast. We have an informal rule of no face to face meetings before 10.

When working full time, I tried to set aside quiet/isolation times for my productive periods of 10-12:30 or 1:30 to 4:30 (the afternoon worked less well because my day "ended" at 3). Site tours or conference call around 7:30 because less intensive. Knowing yourself and being able to isolate yourself, to me, seems much more realistic than spinning wheels while dosing yourself with caffeine just to get alone time.
https://www.thecut.com/2018/10/on-waking-up-early.html?utm_source=nym&utm_medium=f1&utm_campaign=feed-part#comments

2 comments:

  1. If you're not a morning person this simply does not work.

    That said, the older I've gotten the easier it is to get up early, so it may change over time. But I don't think you can force this :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought I was a morning person but now that I've retired, it seems I am not really. I may be catching up on lost sleep but I've gone to 7-8 hours from 5 hours in patches. I'll have to see how it settles out.

    ReplyDelete