Wednesday 10 October 2018

Conservative people have no concept of toxic masculinity because they consider masculine men to be barely restrained animals. Growing up I was taught being a responsible member of society meant rising above animal instincts. I missed the part about that only applying to girls...or did I. Lots of teen conflict stemmed from my younger brother not having a curfew while I had to be home by 9 because I could get pregnant. With no boys to be held responsible I definitely got the message that anything like that would be my fault and I would have to accept hearing about whenever as part of the ongoing support from my parents.

Conservative people have no concept of toxic masculinity because they consider masculine men to be barely restrained animals. Growing up I was taught being a responsible member of society meant rising above animal instincts. I missed the part about that only applying to girls...or did I. Lots of teen conflict stemmed from my younger brother not having a curfew while I had to be home by 9 because I could get pregnant. With no boys to be held responsible I definitely got the message that anything like that would be my fault and I would have to accept hearing about whenever as part of the ongoing support from my parents.


http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2018/10/men-are-wired-that-way-and-other-things-conservative-women-believe-about-harassment.html

11 comments:

  1. The world of "christian evangelicals" must be one sad place to live in (even more so if you're female). They're basically so unchristian, even Jesus would kick their butts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I do with faulty wiring? I throw it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mahram Z. Ah but that's the thing, isn't it? The wiring cannot be faulty because its an innate quality imbued by God himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a man, yes I have the beast within. That beast, at times, is barely contained. Alas, I came from a woman, who came from a woman, and I've made two women... Therefore I find there is zero excuse as to why other apes can't self restrain. For the guys and gals who have the twisted ideology that "boys will be boys"... I bet your attitude would be farrrr different if someone violated the women in your life with whom you hold sacred. Psychology teaches us that it isn't the thought that is bad, but the action. Control your baser urges, for KARMA is a female and she will collect sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lieonte Munoz, I appreciate what you are saying, but it need not come down to, Think of the women in your life. Even without that, men are as obligated as women not to be abusive. Men were socialized for generations to get around the "women in your life" standard by being inculcated with the notion that "virtuous" women don't get into rape situations. Or, "it doesn't happen in this part of town, only in high crime areas." Both lies. My response to the "it's our nature" claim: Food is as great a human drive as sex, and as needed for species survival. But just grabbing food off restaurant customers' plates as you walk by is understood as 100 percent wrong and never excused on any "it's a natural need" claim. If someone snatches your food from an outdoor table as they walk by, no one tells you, "Well, you sat outdoors with all that tempting food!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian Arbenz cogent point, but Im failing to see the correlation to what I previously stated. Yes food is one of our primal directives, as it's hardwired to the need to survive. Sex and the pursuit of it, I think is even deeper with respects to primal directives. If man has an abundance of food, he is satiated. Yet man can have a woman and all the sex he can handle and still he covets his neighbors woman, the woman on the street, the babysitter, etc... Most men handle the urges with relative ease. Yet some men choose to act on his urges which is why sex crimes are far higher than those of food theft and the like. Thank you for your input.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What you said fails to see that sex crimes are not committed because of sex drive. They are committed because of societal indoctrination into misogyny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brian Arbenz yes that could and likely is one of many aspects of why men attack women sexually. I'm no psychiatrist, so I can only rely on what I've read. There are a whole host of reasoning be hand these things. One thing we can all agree on, I trust, is that these violations are all acts of violence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lieonte Munoz Many studies bear out that rape is, paradoxically, not a sexual act. In fact, many rapists report being unable to become sufficiently aroused to complete the act and/or do not find it sexually gratifying. It is about power and dominance which is why women from infants to 80 years old are raped. There is no "beast" that is overcome with lust, it is simply wanting to assert manhood in a vile way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mel V I can accept that... These, to me, are male duds... Never should have been born. Being a father of two women... I would burn a MF'r who doesn't have d this to any female! Then set his ashes to chemical fire.

    ReplyDelete