Tuesday 2 October 2018

Flu season is nearing. I'm getting my free flu vaccination as soon as it's available, especially with parents in their 80s.

Flu season is nearing. I'm getting my free flu vaccination as soon as it's available, especially with parents in their 80s.

I've heard of advances that would create antibodies based on a different part of the virus that is less changing so new vaccines don't have to be developed every year. Needle don't particularly both me but it would be easier for people to maintain immunity. No one really has time for colds with their 7 days of symptoms. The addition of GI symptoms is something I just don't need.
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/more-about-flu-vaccine/

3 comments:

  1. As a scientist working in vaccines......everyone should just get the shot.

    Even a vaccine that is 10% effective is better than 0.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always avoided the flu shot ... but as I age, I'm starting to think about caving in and getting it. Doctor always looks at me funny when I tell him I haven't had one ... ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started with the H1N1 and now that it's at Shoppers Drug Mart not a special clinic, it's easy to just get.

    ReplyDelete