Sunday 14 October 2018

For me the attraction of G+ was the lack of monetization on the part of most of the users. New people not overtly trying to sell anything. Including ideas.

For me the attraction of G+ was the lack of monetization on the part of most of the users. New people not overtly trying to sell anything. Including ideas.

I'm not saying everything should be free but that people should feel comfortable doing things for the enjoyment rather than branding. I'm not a proponent of "your work should be your passion." I think you should do work you tolerate/enjoy so you can fund the activities you enjoy/are passionate about. That may be part of the culture I am part of. A friend was talking about her daughter's aspirations the other day. At 15, she wants to a be a pediatric surgeon (of something equally specific) so she can have defined working hours as a well paid job that will fund her writing.

I think it's a failure of the current implementation of capitalism that UBI is feared because of the idea people won't contribute to society because it implies all contributions can and should be monetized and those contributions that aren't monetized have not worth.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1051485175090225152.html

No comments:

Post a Comment