Tuesday 2 October 2018

Sometimes you just need an anonymous community to help sort yourself out and summon courage to act.

Sometimes you just need an anonymous community to help sort yourself out and summon courage to act.

People often ask why women who get the deluge of violent threats why they don't just leave the internet. It's because the support from others outweighs the troll attacks. I read some forums where people ask for advice on creating a life where they can be content. Pretty sure they are heavily moderated. For me they are more like mental preparation for events but it also opens my eyes to some of the more difficult situations people encounter. I find the most consistent commenters don't tell the OP what they must do; they ask questions to help the OP come to a decision - leave, get IRL help for realistic coping strategies, etc.

https://www.thecut.com/amp/2018/10/its-complicated-wedding-forum-helped-me-leave-abusive-ex.html

No comments:

Post a Comment