Monday 8 October 2018

Yeah, we've all seen the news..

Yeah, we've all seen the news..
Goes like this.
Google fucked up.. or someone fucked up, there was a security breech...
It was repaired early this year.
So, to totally fix this security breech on Google Plus.. the masters at Google have decided to shut down the Plus by August next year, so nobody can access our data (Google already have everything, but they possibly don't wish to share with strangers)
All I see today is a choice..
A/ Start a petition to make Google keep the Plus. (ha, like that's going to happen)
B/ Rush around like a mad man desperately looking for somewhere else to congregate with all the people we met on Plus.
....................

Bottom line is.. choice A is a no brainer.. google doesn't give a shit, they already own your everything online.
Choice B .. you do not need to make that choice today, you have 10 long months to figure something out.

I do see a trend though.. fuck facebook never going there again.. Twitter? yeah, righto..... oh.. Pluspora
https://www.blog.google/technology/safety-security/project-strobe/

12 comments:

  1. The community I am in is also looking for alternatives. I'll check out PlusPora. There have been others that have been suggested. I haven't tried any others recently. I'll take my time. Meanwhile, I'll be here until the very end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked out Vero again. The app is good and it can echo to Twitter. I hate posting several places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cass Morrison Isn't Vero mobile only?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may check those apps out eventually, but I started dabbling with MeWe awhile back. I certainly will stick with G+ for awhile, if nothing else than to try and keep track of where everyone scatters to, but if you're willing to give another alternative a spin ...

    https://mewe.com/i/michael.ireland4
    mewe.com - MeWe: The best chat & group app with privacy you trust.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gene Chiu Yes but that's how I do most of my stuff.
    Michael Ireland Starting up on Pluspora, I wish they all merged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! I'm just gonna stick with MeWe for now ... we have time. I do have a Twitter account, but it's not really very good for the same things at all. That's it, really. My facebook account has been ... whatever they call it ... "deleted but not deleted" for ages and I'm not even sure if Chrome remembers the password, LOL. Besides ... I hate FBook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have twitter.. rarely used.
    Can't get rid of it though, I'm followed by Obama :D
    I seriously doubt he's ever seen anything I've posted, but hey..
    https://plus.google.com/photos/...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lordy LOL that's hilarious and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michael Ireland
    Yep, I'm oddly stoked about it too..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to pluspora last night, after I read its entire terms and conditions. They look good. And so far, gplus friend after friend has shown up there. It looks like diaspora dot com created pluspora with advanced knowledge of google’s plans to discontinue g plus, thou I’m not certain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cass Morrison Not too surprisingly it's Brian Arbenz. I'll look for you.

    ReplyDelete