Monday 19 November 2018

We're waiting for the #Porsche Taycan. By then our Macan will be 5-ish if we'll need to beef up our solar panel installation.

We're waiting for the #Porsche Taycan. By then our Macan will be 5-ish if we'll need to beef up our solar panel installation.

Yeah, we realize we'll be paying a premium but Porsche is to make their own batteries. I also think battery tech is going to improve immensely in the next few years, extending range. I L-O-V-E the quality of my Macan and will suck it up that Porsche is refusing to support Android for phones.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/zero-emission-canada-1.4906767

5 comments:

  1. Mandates aren't the solution ... infrastructure is. Loads of people who WOULD buy electric on their own WON'T, simply because the infrastructure for any use outside of city driving doesn't exist in Canada. You can't take a coast-to-coast electric drive across Canada (or the US, really) without SERIOUSLY planning ahead, and expecting the spend 8 to 14 hours in some places JUST to recharge over standard 110V outlets ... because nothing faster exists. And if range anxiety isn't a thing for some, have them drive from Thunder Bay to Sault Ste. Marie on the Trans-Canada highway. There are stretches where ICE vehicles get range anxiety, looking for a gas station ... where there is also no cell service for long stretches.

    We need infrastructure for fast charging everywhere. Mandates aren't the answer here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely. I know many hotels have a single station for one overnighter. If I were an entrepreneur, I would build a solar powered charge stop with internet cafe - or look at adding the service to a Flying J or other truck stop. On Hwy 16 there's a town every 3 or so hours so there is easy infrastructure location choices. Ontario really needs their poop in a pile - the government seems intent of returning to the last century though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last century ... maybe the 19th century. The biggest problem for Ontario isn't the south though. It's the north. Vast expanses of nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I 100% agree with the infrastructure idea. I've been pushing it in my city a little bit. Places with charging stations will absolutely get my business, to the detriment of those who do not. Already I shop at Peavey Mart - a place I'd never stepped foot in prior to buying my Tesla.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peavey Mart is more awesome than people realize.

    ReplyDelete