Friday 18 January 2019

Finally using Samsung Pay - what took me so long?

1) GPay was working just fine
2) Winter coats + smartwatch payment = Meh
3) Phone to verify card; who has time for that?

My mistake! Samsung Pay has a super useful aspect for me. I can use it without making it the default payment tap app. I am with TD so they don't play with any android payment other than the one attached to their app and that payment has to be the default. Not a big deal but an extra step. Now for a personal purchase I can swipe up and voila* - Samsung Pay.

I always end up trying stuff at the Superstore self check; their POS units are always up-to-date and it doesn't inconvenience anyone if I go at a quiet time. I didn't look at how to use my watch to pay so it took a couple tries (with amusing to watch gestures I'm sure).  The POS is pretty sensitive so waving worked.

While Samsung Pay on my phone acts as a loyalty card wallet, it isn't available on my watch so I installed FidMe. It has poor reviews and you have to install the companion phone app from the Play store as it doesn't recognize Galaxy store version (weird).

I have a couple things to try; the FidMe app from my wrist and I'll probably buy something at Home Depot - which doesn't take tap to pay🙄 - and see if Samsung Pay still works - it's supposed to. Also, I have my phone and watch connected through Shaw. I can do texting without my phone using WiFi. It will be interesting to see if that's the same for Samsung Pay.

*aka - walla
#SamsungPay #TechGadgetyStuff

No comments:

Post a Comment