Sunday 13 January 2019

How to keep in touch as we disperse from G+

There are a couple services you can use to let people know where you will be. I'm going to focus on the free services for About.me and the wheretofind.me experience.

About.me has been around for quite awhile and is a more professional service. at the free level you can create a page that points to your social networks and make an email sig that points to about.me. It can also make a link in your twitter profile (if you have one). Since you can add a photo and do some formatting, I think of it as more of an blog intro (or your G+ profile). The spotlight feature can redirect people to your main social stream or blog. There are many (many) social sites you can add and you can point back to about.me in the profile for each site.

wheretofind.me is a little less refined and may be just what you want to forward people if you have more than one feed. It's a little less easy to enter information as you have to copy and paste each website in but you get a concise list of links.

If you are building a brand, I think about.me is for you. If you want to let people know where you're going to be, wheretofind.me is a good option.

No comments:

Post a Comment