Sunday 10 May 2020

Review - 3 items


Hope you and yours are doing as well as possible as we come out of "Stay at Home" whatever that's meant for you.

Our spending habits didn't change too much but now that it's warmer out we can implement some of the changes. Blogger has changed so formatting for the pictures will be a bit different - oh well. Read ahead to see what I think of adjustable ring video doorbell mount, a silicon cookie sheet and the phone case I'm currently using.

Angled Ring Doorbell mount



Our Ring Doorbell is beside an angled wall and if we flat mount it the wall takes of 1/3 of the view. OK during the day but the reflective surface means we can't really see down the driveway at night. We tried a lot of rigged up things then I saw this adjustable mount on Android Central. Not a big spend but could be an easy fix. Wow - is it great! Just remove your doorbell, put the mount in place, set the angle and remount doorbell. We did have to set it to the furthest angle but that's ok. We can now see if someone is at the garage door as a bonus.
Last year we changed our tree since the birch was dying. We're eagerly awaiting the first leafing out of the Ohio buckeye we replaced it with. The old tree was mulched and donated to the city.

Silicon cookie sheet



I have a hate/hate relationship with silicon bakeware. They are flimsy and frequently seem like they are supposed to be replacement because they don't fit otherwise - I'm thinking of the silicon muffin tins. Our cookie sheets are old but functional. I was using parchment paper as the non stick surface but changed to the silicon sheet as it's reusable for ages and has the same temperature restrictions. So far I've used it for sourdough pretzels and it's worked really well. I just give it a quick scrub and it's good to go again.


Phone Case


I'm picky about my phone case, I like the clip style best. I did want a clear one that would show off the aura glow but in the end the practicality of having a sleeve for my licence won out. I only need one slot so I didn't mind adding the Spigen 360. It has a soft inside layer so  the back won't scratch and a lip at each corner. I've been using it for several months and it's still looking good although I've trimmed some of the threads. Tap to pay works fine and I could do wireless charging with the case on if I didn't have the Spigen on it.

Have you bought anything outstanding lately?

3 comments:

  1. If you bake chocolate chip cookies in that cookie sheet, you'll have silicon chips. You could give Dell some competition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With that silliness said, let me add that I bought a new cell phone to replace the wounded (lots of screen cracks) one I have. But I can't set up the new one until I get acclimated in my work-at-home routine. I'm overcoming the rough spots in getting my system going and don't want to complicate things right now. After a week of getting comfortable in my link, I'll switch over to the new phone, which is a cross between a 6 and a 7, the Credo customer service person told me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you got an iPhone? Phones can be a pain to set up so, yes, wait until you feel like fiddling. I know what I want from my phone and it takes a couple hours to optimize. Moving contacts is nothing.

    ReplyDelete