Friday 2 October 2020

Definitely Autumn

 

Days are getting shorter so we are getting up later - the joys of retirement! We have been s-o-o-o-o lucky this year. After snow in September for 2 years in a row - with the cold staying last year - this year has been a gift. It's been windy, but warm enough to do a lot of stuff outside. There's been a lot of P.E. (biking, canoeing and Frisbee golf) from the schools and even band practice! Our workout in the park went to the end of September.


Fred's been making some changes in the greenhouse, getting it ready for next season. We had a ton of peppers and soon the garden beside the house will be put to rest as well. He got one cantaloupe, it's small but tastes like a cantaloupe so there's that. He grew a lot of different tomatoes so now he has some favs to grow next year - some were duds for flavour and texture.

Bennie has been busy hurting his foot again. He was limping a bit then licking it a lot so off to the vet we went. We got a new cone that prevents him from reaching his back feet. A couple days of soaking in Epsom salts and he's all better. He's not really fond of soaking his foot so we all sit in the bathroom.  It didn't affect his walking schedule which was good.


We've rediscovered Mrs.Chaing's Szechwan Cookbook and switch between pizza (to use sourdough starter) and Cucumber Salad with tofu instead of pork chops. Both recipes last for a few days which leaves lots of time for doing ... stuff. For instance, today I cleaned out my sewing box and ordered clips to replace my pins - I keep sticking myself with them 🙄 It took be 2 years to get to this task but when I saw the clips on a mask making video it motivated me to make the change as they're not that expensive. I still kept some pins but not only straight ones. I cleaned up my tomato pincushion - yes I'm that old - and found a lot of needles that had worked their way through. I also got our workout space sorted in the basement. I'll be doing zoom classes and on demand stuff. Our infection rate is really low and enough people here are wearing masks that we're relaxing about wearing them inside but I sweat a lot so I'm passing on the gym for now.

2 comments:

  1. Your household has it together! And your nation does re health and masks, a lot better than mine, hence your being able to relax.
    I very glad to hear Bennie has recovered from his latest misstep. Best to all of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went for pizza (takeaway) tonight and none of the workers were wearing masks - they are behind plexiglass so as long as none of them are sick, they should be ok. But I wore my mask and it was just business as usual.

    Our numbers are super low but people are wearing masks, some because work (or venue) makes them and some just because (like us). ON & PQ are in a world of hurt though and Alberta keeps losing the plot (we get counted in SK). Hopefully the 15 minute testing can get them caught up. So glad the Liberals are in power-under Trudeau they are doing all they can to help people who want to be safe.

    ReplyDelete