Saturday 17 April 2021

A moment to appreciate genius packaging


I have glasses for long distance driving and often use prescription sunglasses when driving in summer. Last year one of the arms of my sunglasses lost a screw. In true procrastinator fashion, I waited until we had sunny days again to try to fix it.

Found the fixit kit in the second drawer I checked - yay me! It has a fine screwdriver and some replacement screws. What makes this genius is all the screws are in little Tygon-like sleeves to stop the screws from rattling around and spilling. No need to try to shake a screw out, simply insert the screw driver into the sleeve, pull it out of the container and use it as a guide for screwing the arm in place. When the screw is seated the tube will be on the screw driver. They even used coloured tubing for the lower layer of screws!

I think I got this for a few dollars somewhere. Well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment