Saturday 21 May 2016

Have to agree, thing were different not necessarily better when I was growing up in the 70s

Have to agree, thing were different not necessarily better when I was growing up in the 70s

There are two main differences I see from my upbringing. Parents are really fearful about the loss of their children in the way my parents weren't. Perhaps coming from larger families and losing siblings in childhood gave adults a resilience about risk assessment. And there's more respect for people as people. I doubt teachers are any more effective at monitoring bullying (the one to many thing) but by fostering diversity and responding to concerns they make bullies less powerful.

I don't drink from a hose but I do drink from the tap.
https://maureenolearyauthor.com/2016/05/18/we-werent-that-resilient/

3 comments:

  1. OTOH when my parents disciplined me it was kept to a small circle, not touted on social media to follow you for life. http://revolutionaryparent.com/child-abuse-viral/ That's a lot of pressure considering adult rules can seem very mysterious to children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is being a YouTube sensation any different than quitting school do work at a high physical risk, paying job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Yoga is associated with the primary obtainment of complete spiritual unification connecting mind, body and soul with comprehensive yoga session for the complete wellness program that uplifts mental and emotional balance releasing innate source of profound energy." "Chandra Yoga International" create an event on "International yoga day 21st June 2017." facebook.com - International Yoga Day With Chandra Yoga International

    ReplyDelete