Sunday 7 August 2016

Lifesum vs. myfitnesspal. The winner is myfitnesspal.

Lifesum vs. myfitnesspal. The winner is myfitnesspal.

Ever since I got my first FitBit, I've been food logging, off and on. Food logging has been shown to be effective in maintaining weight but it can be painful. Smart phones make it easier but one thing that really makes it easy is including a bar code scanner. Another is a robust recipe system.

Since I started using SHealth, I've been looking for a food logger. SHealth has a robust database with fast searching but doesn't include a bar code scanner - really Samsung? Enter Lifesum. The bar code database is not nearly as extensive as myfitnesspal but it's better than nothing as as people add information it will, of course, grow.

What about recipes? I went to the web rather than entering on my mobile device. SHealth is an app only. Lifesum made it difficult to find and didn't save my recipe after I painstakingly entered it...twice. myfitnesspal made it easy to find recipe entry and imported the ingredients from websites for easy editing and tweaking. Oh yeah. With Fred eating vegan I do a lot of recipe adjustments. Once the ingredient list is saved a nutrition table is generated. Nice.

Cooking is fun, food logging not so much but if you're struggling to maintain your weight you could give myfitnesspal a try.

#myfitnesspal
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/

5 comments:

  1. I've been using MFP on and off for years. The barcode scanner was a great addition.
    Saving meals is also an excellent time saver.
    It takes a while to build the habit of logging, but it really helps for accountability ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about the recipe import feature until today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Yoga is associated with the primary obtainment of complete spiritual unification connecting mind, body and soul with comprehensive yoga session for the complete wellness program that uplifts mental and emotional balance releasing innate source of profound energy." "Chandra Yoga International" create an event on "International yoga day 21st June 2017." facebook.com - International Yoga Day With Chandra Yoga International

    ReplyDelete