Saturday 8 July 2017

Easy set up encourages more stuff!


Easy set up encourages more stuff!

Something happened and our Panasonic hub no longer works outside of our WiFi network so we were looking for something new. Everything says it's easy but I always start set up when I can be alone (and swear as needed) I didn't need to be alone! Hard wire to the router (switch because we have an OnHub) may have helped. SmartThings hub booted up and updated then I added all the bits. I'm really impressed with the Inovelli plugs as they have 2 channels so you can plug in two things separately.

Very easy to make scenarios and I can see how why having a connected house would be so attractive. Setting stuff to turn on and off according to activity is very appealing. Neat how all the sensors have temperatures. I'm looking forward to getting some more stuff. It's pricey though.

The only way the Panasonic is better is the camera video is stored on the hub not in the cloud.

2 comments:

  1. Little by little I'm building my smart home. I looked at the Samsung but I liked the wink2 just a bit better. A little more up front, but better compatibility in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as we can both get the thing we want. I like the compatibility isn't limited to one brand. Wink is at home depot which is nice.

    ReplyDelete