Friday 4 August 2017

I've felt low energy and sensitive to aches for a couple months. Only at home.

I've felt low energy and sensitive to aches for a couple months. Only at home.

I hate going to the doctor for diffuse symptoms. I have 2 prescriptions for respiratory ailments that I use only when needed. Unfortunately I don't realize I need them until I feel crappy. One of the first signs is dizziness, low energy and...eating extra candy (for energy I guess). I have mild seasonal allergy type reactions to living here. It could also be low iron levels so I'll try B12.
https://www.consumerreports.org/prescription-drugs/too-many-meds-americas-love-affair-with-prescription-medication/

5 comments:

  1. I don't take many medications, other than Vitamin I Ibuprofen for migraines and other inflammation based ailments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cass Morrison​ I know it's unlikely but have you been tested for type 2 diabetes?
    Do you take anything for the allergies? I've had great results with Allegra; no side effects. You can get it of the shelf in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't usually take anything but Advil cold and sinus. I have a good spray that I use for a couple days in a row once in awhile and an asthma medication. I haven't been checked for over a year but my blood work was normal except for low white count.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking some more I measured my blood pressure which has been low in the past. It's 96/66 mid day after running around and lunch; that's on the low side. B12 supplements it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, low blood pressure also occurs in people like athletes and highly physically active people, so keep that in mind. B12 supplements negatively impact my blood sugar and can be a contributing factor for hypoglycemic events (I am the opposite of diabetic). I'm not saying not to, I'm just suggesting it may not really be necessary.

    ReplyDelete