Sunday 3 September 2017

Consistency and reward get you a happy obedient dog.

Consistency and reward get you a happy obedient dog.

I especially like how he says to make sure to reward in a timely manner - if 1s of good behaviour is the limit - start rewarding that. I've found a clicker to be very helpful but it has to be used correctly. It's to reward behaviour not initiate behaviour like a whistle.

I know I am impatient and lazy about practice so I go to obedience classes with my pups to get trained. Milo and Duffy are older so pretty low key about needing activities. Looking at Milo now, in some ways it's hard to remember I gave up on agility with him because I could not find a reward that worked for him.

h/t Guy Kawasaki​
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=-i52GF2x21k

No comments:

Post a Comment