Friday 24 November 2017

First 48 hours with Gear Sport.

First 48 hours with Gear Sport.

I wasn't convinced I wanted to upgrade from my S2 Classic because it's the same size face and the same specs but...the more I heard about new features the more interested I got. Plus the IP 68 rating now that we're kayaking. It's 10 grams heavier and with the squirkle case shape, not as sleek as the S2 Classic.

Even though the specs are the same the device is much more responsive. The ergonomics are even better than the Classic. The 2 buttons are still quite flush with the case but now the back button has a different texture than the home button. The bezel is easier to grip to turn as well. On the down side; the bezel isn't quite as flush with the screen so I notice bumping into the edge when swiping up. It also feels a bit flimsier. Tizen 3 has some nice changes.

There was a lot about this being an activity based device so I've done 2 workouts so far, a pilates and a walk. Heart rate monitor is really solid. Starts monitoring as soon as the widget it turned on. With the Classic there wasn't a choice of workouts on a screen. You can either trigger or have it auto detect. Now that I have location turned on my route is automatically mapped. Pretty slick.

In spite of the size it's very comfortable to wear. The sport band will be handy in the summer when we're kayaking but I'll be switching to a leather one for winter.





1 comment:

  1. My wrists are pretty slender - 6" I'll do some more pictures. and tag you.

    ReplyDelete