Wednesday 4 April 2018

As long as you are doing it for you then what the harm?

As long as you are doing it for you then what the harm?

I am amazed at how many products women don as part of their makeup routine but I really see it that as a fairly harmless attempt at control - one that is way easier than losing weight or quitting smoking. I also find at this age (late 50s), people either see you or not so there's that. Just don't drive yourself into debt. There are very good quality cosmetics that cost less than luxury brands.
https://amp.thecut.com/2018/04/i-am-a-prisoner-of-my-own-vanity.html

2 comments:

  1. When men spend and spend on hair transplants and darkening their gray, the word “vanity” is not at the center of the issue. Gender double standard by media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian Arbenz I would disagree with you on these two specific issues. Both of these scream vanity to me (I might be in the minority).

    I think that the double standard is much more on the "who cares about my gray hair" attitude that men can have. And the face that all that men have to wear is a tuxedo. Almost any tux will do.

    ReplyDelete