Wednesday 2 May 2018

Men. Act to prevent pregnancy/abortion by ensuring you are not a sperm donor.

Men. Act to prevent pregnancy/abortion by ensuring you are not a sperm donor.

Two reasons men like Devin piss me off. They seem to think every embryo implants then develops to a healthy baby and there is nothing they can do to themselves that would prevent pregnancy. Wear a condom, get a vasectomy, advocate for male contraception that has the same degree of side effects as women's.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/991650984643489797.html

4 comments:

  1. Religious nutjobs like Devin give me the creeps. Even more so than his beard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had to contend with the God, Gunz 'n 'Bortion crowd from inside the church. Here's how I've always approached it:

    I simply ask people where and from whom they learned about human reproduction. The anti-abortion crowd didn't learn about human biology at school. They all learned it at home, half-o'-this and none-o'-that. An appalling number of homeschooled children are never given the facts about their own bodies - girls or boys.

    They don't understand ovulation. They don't understand the basics of pregnancy. But mostly, they're too squeamish to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is an amazing amount of ignorance about human biology, well any basic reproductive biology. I feel like some people have no idea about sperm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cass Morrison The underlying problem is ethical discontinuity. Morality is what I won't do. Ethics is me telling you not to do something. Law is getting my ethical structure enacted into an enforceable statute.

    My morality goes as follows: I will have a valid opinion on abortion in two specific sets of circumstances:

    1. It's my child, too. Don't abort our child without my consent, please.

    2. I wake up one morning to find I have grown a uterus.

    That's pretty much it.

    ReplyDelete